New customer? Start here.
Your shopping basket is currently empty.
Top 10 Best Cordless Phones
Top 10 Best DAB Radios
Top 10 Best Headsets
Top 10 Best Two Way Radios
Top 10 Best Office Headsets
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Once it\'s set-up it is absolutely terrific. We have quite a long house and the phone line comes in at one end, so we\'ve always had problems getting our phones to work at the far end, and the RTX repeater has eliminated this problem completely. However, the instructions that come with the thing are less than useless for helping you to set it up and couldn\'t have been written with users in mind (and I\'m fairly technically minded). Luckily, I was able to phone liGo and they very kindly called me back on my mobile and talked me through the whole thing and now its working.
By Ralph on 19/12/2014
Setting up the blasted thing is god-awful! Thankfully the custmer services at ligo are a good bunch as i doubt very much i would've persevered if it hadn't been for their assistance. When the magic light does finally come on and stay on and you position the repeater, it works as it should.
By Keith on 12/12/2015
As other reviewers have pointed out, this is a very simple unit, but a pain to set up because the enclosed instructions are completely inadequate. Go here to find Ligo's own instructions for setting this up on Gigaset systems:
My unit is working now and I'm getting five bars of reception all over my house and garden.
By Noghar on 30/03/2019
Like many other reviewers, I tried to follow the instructions that come with the RTX-4022 and failed (I'm a network engineer!).
So here is the DS answer:
1. Set the base station & phones up.
2. Place the repeater close to the base station (preferably within a few feet).
3. Follow these instructions: https://www.ligo.co.uk/blog/register-rtx-4022-repeater-gigaset-phones/ to pair the repeater to the DECT phone base station.
4. When you have it setup correctly, observe the repeater unit - if the Green LED flashes about every 5 seconds then the repeater monitor beep tone is turned on (this is a "bad" thing because you will hear an annoying sound about every 5 seconds when you are in a call being routed via the repeater).
5. Go to page 8 of the following document: https://www.rtx.dk/media/3989/how-to-register-repeaters.pdf and look at the 2nd table titled "BUTTON"
6. Press the button on the back of the repeater for between 18 - 60 seconds!
7. You should now have a solid green LED and the world will be a joyful place.
8. Move the repeater to your preferred location
9. Have a coffee (or refreshing beverage of your choice)
10. Marvel at the extended range of your phones and the improved voice quality of calls. (Although getting OpenReach to change our aluminum wires to copper wires may have helped!)
By Chris S-C on 09/03/2021
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful
Generally suited our purposes once we found a suitable site. The locater tone would be better as an "off" default as it is very annoying and a bit of a fiddle to switch off!
By Anonymous on 10/09/2015
I have only had the product for a week and a half and am going to try some other locations to try and boost the signal. Walls are a problem! Also a problem is finding a socket in the right position. I am hoping that I will be more satisfied with the signal when I get a chance to re locate the unit.
By Anonymous on 22/04/2015
From start to finish Ligo were professional and delivered on time.
I would recommend this company to anyone looking for these types of products.
By Anonymous on 01/11/2016
Both the unit and the service from LiGo are first class. na) Excellent clear and efficient LiGonb) Helpful relevant advice by phone prior to ordernc) Superfast deliverynd) Easy to install as per LiGo on YouTube.ne) And the bloomin' thing works - clear as a bell!nnSOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!
By Anonymous on 31/03/2016
Good advice from Ligo when I called them many thanks. This device is half the price of the Siemens product and works fine with my Siemens base station and mix of Siemens and Panasonic handsets. Bit fiddly to set up - the auto set up doesn't work with Siemens' base station - but it was 5 mins and worked straight away. Well pleased as I can now use handsets on upper floor whereas design of building prevented this before.
By Gerson on 22/04/2018
We've had this unit for a few years but changed our handsets to a set of 5 Gigaset phones - the repeater didn't set up automatically so we set about re-setting it and going through the instructions in the paperwork ... we did this a number of times with no success! After reading the helpful notes on this site we rang Ligo, who we have used for a number of years, and hey presto they helped us to get it working! It is now doing exactly what's needed. Basically the instructions just need a little tweak and they'd work ... Thank you Adam!
By VPP on 30/01/2019