New customer? Start here.
Your shopping basket is currently empty.
Top 10 Best Cordless Phones
Top 10 Best DAB Radios
Top 10 Best Headsets
Top 10 Best Two Way Radios
Craig | 04/09/2014
Research shows that an estimated 10% of all hearing impairment can be treated medically - the other 90% can be helped significantly through the use of hearing aids. While various types of hearing aids have been around for centuries, it wasn't until the early 1800's that these devices underwent mass production.
The hearing aid has evolved significantly over years as manufacturers have learned to make them smaller, much easier to use and more efficient with better sound quality.
Up until now, those wearing hearing aids where forced to hold their handsets in an awkward position. This was done to prevent interference when radio waves which were transmitted from the loudspeaker of the phone to the hearing aid's integrated microphone. Fortunately, extensive research and development in the industry has resulted in the design of several advanced hearing aids and supportive systems. Siemens is one company right on the forefront of this evolution, providing people with effective ways to meet this challenge.
Pure hearing aids are used in conjunction with Tek Set, a sophisticated wireless transmission unit, and Siemens Gigaset Bluetooth-enabled phones. Together, this system adds great comfort when someone with a hearing impairment needs to make a call.
Making a connection to the Pure hearing aid is just as simple as setting up the average Bluetooth headset. Once the associated devices have been connected, all incoming calls are indicated by the hearing aid in acoustic fashion. The Tek Set can then be used to answer the calls, thanks to its remote control capability and integrated microphone. Voice transmission is conducted directly through the hearing aid, freeing the user from the task of holding the handset to their ear.
Currently, the Gigasets SL370, SL560 and S680 along with their answering machine equipped and IP counterparts are compatible with the Pure hearing aids. These headsets offer a plethora of features including a vivid color display, hands-free capability and the ability to synchronize contact data with a personal computer over Bluetooth.
The best advice involves consulting with a hearing care expert. A professional hearing evaluation will certainly go a long way in determining your individual needs. While digital hearing aids can be efficient for a range of hearing loss, there are several different levels of technology, meaning every solution might not be suited for you.
The most important aspect is to confide in a hearing care professional you feel comfortable with. The initial service and ongoing care they provide are essential in the process of rehabilitating the problem.
This entry was posted in Advice and tagged gigaset, Bluetooth, Siemens bluetooth, Siemens Gigaset, hearing aid, Pure hearing aids, Tek Set on 04/09/2014 by Craig.