Since we brought liGo Bluewave to the UK it’s been causing quite a stir. It’s ability to route all mobile calls through your home or office handsets offers a new level of convenience and reception quality. Plus- most importantly- it lets you divert your mobile’s free or cheap rate minutes through any handset you choose, potentially saving you a whole heap of money when your phone bill comes through. In fact, it’s proving so popular that some Bluewave converts are choosing to get rid of their landline altogether and simply use their mobile whenever they choose, no matter where they are on their premises.
Even the most technically-challenged users should have no trouble setting up the Bluewave. The whole process is simple and straightforward, and takes just a few minutes. To help you through the process here’s our easy-to-follow guide to getting started.
When your hub arrives, you'll find the following components in the box:
- The Bluewave itself
- An RJ11-RJ11 cable
- A power cable
- A quick-start guide
Once you’ve checked you’ve got everything you need you’re ready to get started!
Since one of the major benefits of the hub is its ability to bypass mobile dead spots it’s well worth optimising its position. Choose a position that offers the strongest mobile reception to make the most of this feature.
The hub itself is designed to be as user-friendly as possible. It features:
- 3 lights on the top of the hub – these correspond to the 3 mobile phones you can pair with the hub
- A power light (green) and error light (red) on the front right hand side of the hub
- 2 RJ 11 sockets on the left hand side of the hub (you’ll recognise these, they’re exactly the same as the socket you use to plug your normal handset into your landline)
- A power socket (below the RJ11 sockets)
- A USB port (below the power socket)
To get started using your hub just follow these simple steps:
- Plug the power cable into the power socket, plug into the mains and switch on. The green power light will fire up.
- Take the RJ11 cable out of your current home phone and plug it into the bottom RJ11 socket the Bluewave hub.
- Take the RJ11 cable supplied with the hub and plug it into the top connection of your hub. Then plug the other end of the cable into your home phone.
You can pair up to 3 Bluetooth enabled mobiles with your hub – each one corresponds with buttons 1, 2, and 3 on the top of the hub respectively. To pair a mobile phone:
- Hold down the line 1 button for 6 seconds. It will start to flash rapidly
- Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile and select “liGo Bluewave Gateway”
- Your mobile will ask for a security code - enter the code 0000
- When the line 1 button stops flashing and shows a solid blue light your mobile is successfully paired and you’re ready to start using the mobile calling feature
If you don’t have a mobile paired with Bluewave then you can simply make and receive calls through your usual telephone line in the usual way. But of course one of the major advantages of Bluewave is the ability to make and receive mobile calls through any handset and enjoy the cost savings that come with this.
To make an outgoing mobile call through Bluewave:
- Pick up any attached handset
- When you hear a dial tone, dial the number of the mobile line you want to use (this will correspond to buttons 1,2 and 3 on the hub)
- Press the Recall key on your handset
- Dial the number or use speed dial as usual
To receive an incoming mobile call through Bluewave
If you receive an incoming call via your usual landline you don’t need to do anything, you can simply pick up and answer as you usually would.
If you receive an incoming call to your mobile via the Bluewave hub you will hear a different ring tone. The hub assigns a distinctive ring tone pattern to each mobile you’ve paired, so that you know which mobile phone is ringing.
You can also look at the incoming number displayed on your handset. If the call is coming via your mobile then the number will be prefaced with the corresponding line number on the Bluewave hub (1, 2 or 3). If the call is coming through your landline, the number will simply appear as it usually would.
Then all you have to do is answer the phone as normal, safe in the knowledge that you’re armed to answer the right phone in the right way. That’s especially handy if you’re running a home mobile and a business mobile account.
You’re good to go! Need more help?
It really is that simple to set up Bluewave, but there are lots of other extras you can get to grips with to make the most of your user experience. To find out more, feel free to get in touch with liGo directly, and we'll be happy to help!