When purchasing your electronics, you may notice that there are several options available during checkout. You can checkout through the regular procedure, with PayPal or Google Checkout. Each option serves the same general purpose being that you can purchase your products, choose what credit card you would like to pay with and decide where you would like the order delivered. There are however, a few differences.
In this article we will overview the Google Checkout service, detail how it works and help to determine if it’s the right option for you.
What is Google Checkout?
Google Checkout is a shopping cart application that allows you to buy products and services from a variety of online stores. After registering for an account, you will no longer have to enter your billing and shipping details when making purchases. Instead, you simply log in with the username and password assigned to the account.
The Registration Process
Registering with Google Checkout is a breeze. All you have to do is provide your payment details and address and then create a username and password for the account. From there you can make purchases on any online store that displays the Google Checkout logo. This is a simple, fast and secure way to shop online as your financial information is never shared with the merchant. Google Checkout offers convenience by allowing you to view and manage all the purchases you made from a centralized location which is provided by the interface of your account.
How Google Checkout Works
In order to make purchases with Google Checkout, simply follow the steps below:
- Choose something you want to purchase from a website that supports Google Checkout
- Click on the item and add it to the site’s shopping cart
- Once you are done shopping and ready to check out, click on the “Google Checkout” button instead of the standard checkout button. From here you will be instructed to log into your Google Checkout account. If you don’t have an account, this is your chance to create one.
- Review the details of your order and if everything looks good, just click “Place your order now” and you’re done.
- After placing an order, check your email as Google Checkout will send a confirmation of the transaction along with your receipt.
Accepted Credit Cards
Google Checkout allows you to purchase items with a variety of credit cards including Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro and Solo. Any credit or debit card information you supply will be stored in the Google Checkout account your created, protected by Google’s secure servers. Take note that when using this service, charges will be made by the “Google Payment Corporation”, not liGo.
More on Google Checkout
If you would like to know more about Google Checkout, visit Google’s Buyer Help Centre. Here you can find a wealth of information about the service and answers to the most commonly asked questions.