Every year, high-tech manufacturers have continuously made improvements to their products as they try to satisfy new consumer needs.
Many amazing gadgets have been introduced to the market in the last couple of years, including cordless phones with call blocking and better sound quality; baby monitors with more sensors for increased functionality; headsets with advanced noise-cancelling technology to improve conversations; and two-way radios with better range for more freedom when moving around in groups.
The following list looks at the best 5 Ligo products in different categories for the year 2014, which will probably remain at the top in 2015, as well.
Despite fierce competition from mobile phone manufacturers, cordless phones have found new ways to remain relevant to consumers. In addition to superior sound quality and longer range, many models now feature add-ons like link-to-cell technology, Bluetooth, talking caller ID, and intercoms, among others. The top 5 choices in 2014 include:
1. Siemens Gigaset S795 – a great phone for those with professional and state-of-the-art needs, offering brilliant sound quality, answer machine with 45 minutes of recording time, and hands-free option, among others.
2. BT 8500 – the best home phone with caller ID and call blocker so you only pick the calls that you want to answer. It also has an answer machine with 60 minutes of message recording time.
3. Panasonic KX-PRW120 – a cordless phone with an answering machine and smartphone connect, so you can use your mobile phone as an additional DECT handset provided you install the Smartphone Connect app.
4. Panasonic KX-TG 8061 – an affordable and sleek phone that resembles the mobile phones of several years ago, but with great functionality and easy setup for home and office use.
5. Siemens Gigaset E495 – an environment resistant phone that can withstand dust, shocks, and water splashes. Also offers brilliant sound quality, answer machine with 45 minutes of recording, and hands-free talking.
Depending on whether you want a pair of headsets for listening to music, a superb gaming experience, or just for conversations, you can always find a stylish, comfortable, and light headset with exciting sound that fits your needs perfectly.
The top 5 headsets in 2014 include:
1. Plantronics Voyager Legend – with brilliant sound, smart charging, moisture protection, multi-microphones for optimised audio, and Smart Sensor technology, the Voyager Legend wireless Bluetooth headset is ideal for professionals looking to multi-purpose headset that is also compatible with Android, iPhone, and a variety of other leading smartphones.
2. Jabra Motion UC – another Bluetooth headset with Motion Sensor Intelligence, Noise blackout technology, and USB and NFC capabilities, optimising professional use.
3. Plantronics CS540 – possibly the lightest DECT headset for professionals, offering incredible audio quality, superior call management, and 350 feet range for convenient multitasking.
4. Plantronics Gamecom 388 – great PC gaming headset with comfortable ear cushions, brilliant sound quality, on-ear controls, and a noise-cancelling mic so your teammates never miss a command.
5. Jabra BIZ 1900 – low-cost headset for call centres, giving you noise-cancelling technology, UC compatibility, and multiple wearing styles.
Every outdoor event with a group of friends or family, where mobile phones cannot be used effectively, needs a set of two-way radios. The top choices in 2014 were identified to be most effective in areas with low-interference, like the mountains, and with acceptable range, including:
1. Motorola TLKR T80 Extreme – rugged, all-environment proof, and with a 10km range, this is the ideal equipment for keeping in touch with family and friends in the highest peaks and wildest tracks, or use as a baby monitor at home.
2. Binatone Latitude 150 – featuring a 3km range and compact design, this pair of walkie-talkies is both simple and fun to use in a wide range of outdoor activities.
3. Binatone Terrain 750 – this is a simple and convenient device with a range of up to 8km and VOX function to allow for hands-free communication.
4. Motorola TLKR T40 – offering free calls and a 4km range, this is a simple, compact, and easy-to-use device for families to stay in touch when out and about.
5. Doro WT87 – with a talk-time of 90 minutes and 10km range, this is one of the most affordable and user-friendly outdoor communication devices on the market.
Parents have a wide selection of baby monitors to choose from, including those offering DECT audio, different video monitors, and a variety of extra features, such as temperature sensor, nightlight, or talk-back function. The top 5 baby monitors in 2014 include:
1. Philips Avent SCD505 – offering crystal clear DECT sound and a wide 330m range, this Avent delivers reliable connection to your little one, allowing for two-way communication so you can soothe your baby.
2. BT Baby Monitor 300 - another audio baby monitor, the BT300 offers digital HD sound, 300m range, two-way talk-back, and night light.
3. Motorola MBP27T – a video baby monitor with a 2.4-inch TFT colour display, digital pan-and-tilt cameras, 300m range, talk-back function, and no-touch temperature sensors, this is an innovative and practical device for all parents.
4. Siemens Gigaset PA330 – great audio baby monitor offering reliable DECT technology, 300m range, and many practical features for convenience.
5. Philips Avent SCD603 – a video baby monitor with a 2.4-inch self-activating display and volume, infrared night-vision, and 150m range so you can always see your baby from wherever.
This review involved a thorough scrutiny of user and expert reviews to find which electronic gadgets were best in 2014, identifying those providing optimum performance, durability, and useful features.